[ddots-l] Re: A question about saving project

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:11:13 -0000

John wrote: snip, what did I do wrong in the first place?  how do I save a
temp project as a real project in its own folder?

Phil replied: Before you start any recording you should go to file, new and type in a name for the project and choose the template for it etc. If you do that then, providing you have left everything else in that dialog as is then, you will end up with a new project in it's own folder.

John wrote: Also, with mixdowns, when I play in sonar and I have let's say reverb
on, the tail continues after the track actually stops.  How do I get
that to occur in the mixdown?  Right now it just sort of abruptly cuts
off.  I can't seem to find an option for it.  Is it impossible to do
with a live effect, do I need to apply destructive effects?

Phil replied: no you don't need to apply destructive affects. However, you may need to put in a blank measure or 2 at the end of the file to allow for the reverb tale to fade off.

Regards, Phil Muir

P J Muir Productions,
Music And Audio Production
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021