[ddots-l] Re: 0 dB or higher?

  • From: "Mike C" <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:30:10 -0500

you can definatly master your comertial mixes through sonar's interface, you
just need to practice at this.  Sonar definatly does have the latest in
compressors, and there are producers using this application.  I'm curious, what
are you using to do your mixes, are you using reference monitors, or just plain
old headphones?

I just recently discovered that doing mixes through headphones is a really bad
thing, as you don't accuratly get the ture sound aspect especially when putting
your stuff on regular sterio's.  I found that since I obtained a piar of
reference monitors I am now better able to mix my stuff, and there's no more
questioning of why does my mix sound different on a sound system since I have
been using monitors.
In the CT tutorial there is a section on how to master your mixes using Sonar,
with the Ct scripts.  It might be a good Idea to look at this.
Hope this helps.