[dbmat] input into selecting an intervener

  • From: Leslie Stevens <lesliestevens07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DBMAT <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 16:02:34 -0500

I was wondering how much (if any) input those of you with school-based
interveners for your kids have had into the selection of the interveners?
I seem to recall Vivecca saying in the past that she had been able to help
with the screening/selection process at Christopher's school (which is
AWESOME), but I don't know if that is common in other schools? Olivia will
have a new intervener this school year as the one she had for the last
couple years ever since she started school has now been promoted to a
teaching position. I am just nervous about meeting this new person and
seeing if they will be a good fit for Olivia, and I guess I just wonder
whether it is too much to ask for in the future that I be at least
marginally involved in the selection process? Any advice is appreciated!

Leslie Stevens