[dbmat] Re: info for child who is blind

  • From: donnaharp@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 21:51:01 -0500

Our son would go under the dining table to purposely bang his head and laugh
with deep belly laughs.
Deaf friends said it caused "head noise" and suggested it was typical for deaf
kids. They suggested pulling him away to "time out" while siting with him to
stay in place. They were right. He learned not to hit his head in the same way
he learned not to run into the street.
Blessings!
Donna

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Gina Dagrella (Redacted sender "ginagale62" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi everyone,

a therapist friend of mine called me to ask for resources / info.
she can't share much info with me but the little girl is under the age of 3
and here with no documentation so isn't eligible for Medicaid but is getting
some services through the county. she is blind and has just started hitting
herself (hard enough to break the skin) and banging her head. she smiles and
laughs when she is doing it. since I don't have any experience with this, can
someone offer some guidance? websites? they are redirecting her and trying
not to leave her alone.
any and all help is appreciated.
thanks,
Gina