[dbmat] Re: info for child who is blind

  • From: "George Givens" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "givens3" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 23:07:09 +0000 (UTC)

Just a reminder that state provided ECI services stop when the child turns 3
and the local school district takes over.  Ask the therapist if the parents
have contacted their school district to set up an appt. for testing.  The child
may qualify for the school's version of ECI. Also, TSBVI may be able to consult
with the therapist.  Christine

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:49 PM, Gina Dagrella
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi everyone,
a therapist friend of mine called me to ask for resources / info.she can't
share much info with me but the little girl is under the age of 3 and here with
no documentation so isn't eligible for Medicaid but is getting some services
through the county. she is blind and has just started hitting herself (hard
enough to break the skin) and banging her head. she smiles and laughs when she
is doing it. since I don't have any experience with this, can someone offer
some guidance? websites? they are redirecting her and trying not to leave her
alone.any and all help is appreciated.thanks,Gina