[dbmat] Re: info for child who is blind

  • From: "Davis,CC (DARS)" <CC.Davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 20:04:19 +0000

Make sure she has been referred to BCP program of DARS. For now, … the BCP
program is still within DARS DBS. You can hunt the right office by going to
this link and entering the zip code for the child:
http://www.dars.state.tx.us/dbs/offices/OfficeLocator.aspx?div=4 They must be
residents, but not citizens to benefit from the BCP program. I think ECI works
the same way. http://www.dars.state.tx.us/ecis/eligibility.shtml

She could be distracting herself from pain, … self-stimming in a dramatic way,
… relieving boredom, … expressing frustration - could be many things.
Protecting her head is a consideration. She needs an assessment.