[dbmat] Re: We reached the top of the DBMD interest list! What now???

  • From: "Catherine Allen" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "catherine_allen06@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:51:52 -0700

Hey Leslie,  we just reached the top of the DBMD interest list, too.  Rachel
has been on MDCP for 16 years and it has been fabulous for us.  I had hoped to
not reach the top of DBMD until closer to 21 because I didn't want to have to
make a lot of changes right now because this is a very busy time of life for us
(Rachel's Senior Year and last year to participate in her drill team).  But
since she will age out of MDCP soon (she's 19), I have to go ahead and study to
see what will change for us.  We have had nursing, therapies and
respite...really everything we've needed...all these years and my biggest
concern is if we can keep nursing hours.  Definitely talk with Kathy Montalbano
about your individual situation, because she's the expert.  Thanks for asking
the question, I know there is more info in the archives here because when
people started getting the letters earlier in the year, there was a lot of
discussion on the listserve.   Good Luck!!!

Catherine Allen