[dbmat] We reached the top of the DBMD interest list! What now???

  • From: Leslie Stevens <lesliestevens07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:49:34 -0500

So I just got a letter saying that Olivia (age 5) has reached the top of
the DBMD interest list...HUGE surprise, as I didn't think her name would
come up for years!  Now I am trying to decide what to do.  I am excited, of
course, but also want to make sure before jumping ship from MDCP, which has
been a pretty good fit for us these last several years, that Olivia would
actually benefit more from the DBMD program.

I seem to recall that there is some sort of comparison matrix out there
that lists all the various Medicaid waiver programs and what they
offer...could anyone point me to where to find this?

Also, any of you who have recently switched to the DBMD program from
another waiver program (or even from MDCP), I would love to hear your
thoughts on what you think about DBMD...what do you like better, is there
anything lacking that you miss from your prior program, etc.?

Really the only thing I recall about the DBMD program is that it provides
some sort of intervener services, but I don't remember any specifics.

Please, any and all advice is welcomed!!!

Thanks in advance,
Leslie Stevens

Leslie Stevens