[dbmat] Try it out...

  • From: Ed Hammer <ed1hammer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, maria monica villarreal <mmviga@xxxxxxxxx>, Pat Alvarez <pat_alma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:04:05 -0500

Just trying to see if this connects with the people who were at the
conference in Wimberley this weekend. I always come back from a DBMAT
conference energized. If I had hair it would be on fire ! ! ! I want you
all to know of Monica Villarreal. Monica is a graduate of TSBVI and is a
graduating master's level student (in May) from the LBJ School at
UT/Austin. Monica is majoring in policy making and decisions and wants to
do her Master's level project on parent concerns regarding education. I
have agreed to work with Monica but that all depends on her advisors at LBJ
School at UT/Austin. Anyway, I want to introduce her to you. I hope you
will contact Monica about policy issues we discussed at the DBMAT
conference. Monica would like to do a survey of needs as identified by
parents. Could this be a DBMAT effort? Don't know but want to raise the
issue. I also want to see if Ron can send the 2 papers electronically to
Paul Daley that I gave to the Cauldwell family about issues in education. I
would like for Monica to see those papers also. It is always a pleasure to
be with empowered parents of students like your group. Ed