[dbmat] Re: Tactile symbols

  • From: Caroline Daley <carolinedaley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 00:53:25 -0500

For Horseback riding, I went to the feed store and bought the same leather
lacing that they used on the bridle
you can probably find through amazon

Subject: [dbmat] Tactile symbols
From: ginagale62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:06:12 -0500
To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am making sets of tactile symbols to be used at Camp Summit during deaf
blind week and would like some suggestions.
I am using TSBVI's pictures as a general guide.
Swim, pool, cafeteria, art, etc. are the easy ones. It does not show horses
only horseplay, (a small plastic horse) someone suggested they use a piece of
leather, any other suggestions as to what your child uses ?
Also does it matter what color the felt, web, backing etc. is ?
Thanks in advance.
And just in case you want to sign your kiddo/adult up for camp there are a
few spots left.
We have a great time.

Gina Sotiropoulos
Sent from my iPadThis is a message sent through the DBMAT Listserve.