[dbmat] Re: School intervener

  • From: Hartman Family <hartmanfam28@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:54:21 -0500

There is a book/pamphlet on how to advocate for an intervener in the school
system:

http://intervener.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/A-Familys-Guide-to-Interveners.pdf

The website www.interveners.org has lots of great information as well.

My son has had approval for the position of Intervener since he was 3-4 and he
is now 17 almost 18.  We have had many people change over the years, as there
are not many already trained Interveners readily available, but have approval
of the role is a HUGE step!

I would start by reading the Family Guide link above.

I'm happy to share my experience with you if you want to call me 713-231-7508.

Best regards,
Vivecca

Sent from my iPad