[dbmat] Re: My answer to Heather's Question about therapies in DB-MD waiver

  • From: Heather Withrow <skyhex@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:47:48 -0600

Heidi-

(My original question was about hippotherapy, aquatic therapy, music therapy
not being provided until 18 years but it turns out it’s not even provided under
DBMD but under CLASS.  That’s fine with me.  We have other ways.)

I reviewed the link Steve sent us that led to Dental Treatment under Division
3- Requirement for Other DBMD Program Services-  Rule 42.624 Dental Treatment
where it spells out the plan and, good news, yes, they do cover individuals
under 21 years of age if the specific steps are followed.  Check it out.

Also I see that, of course, if it’s in the child’s plan, program providers may
provide OT, PT, Speech Language and Audiogoligy therapy plus dietary services.
So yeah, these therapies may be provided at any age since there isn’t any
mention of age under Division 3, rule 42.632 “Therapies”.

I’m still learning, so thank you guys for your input.  Glad to help clear
things up, too.  The link to Division 3 is below:

>>> http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=40&pt=1&ch=42&sch=F

Heather
Orion’s Mom