[dbmat] Re: Hello and help (long)

  • From: "Margaret Rose" <texasroses@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you all for all the input and resources you've steered me towards.

Vivecca, unfortunately Cotina is the one that called me about ending their
contract and gave me all the information I originally wrote about.

 I am going to stop worrying, she did say she'll do her best and try to find an
agency.  I have printed emails with the contacts you've given me and feel more
informed about what I might need to do so that has set my mind at ease for now.

Heidi also explained I would not 'lose' the DBMD waiver program as I thought I
would. Big relief.

I so appreciate y'alls time today

Margaret Rose

Sent from Mailbox

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Hartman Family
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would suggest calling Lauren should avert. She oversees the DB MD program
out of Austin.
Lauren Chenoweth, LMSW
CLASS/DBMD Policy Lead
Long Term Services and Supports Policy
Center for Policy and Innovation (CPI)
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
(512) 438-2578
Fax: 512-438-4415
And call Cotina McNeal Who oversees services provided by Perry Lee. Her
number is (281) 969-8725 and her email is cotina_perrylee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 14, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Margaret Rose <texasroses@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
My name is Margaret Rose and I live in New Braunfels. My son Morgan has
been on the DBMD program for a year.

I've been on the list for quite sometime but always reading, never posting.

Today I find myself in need of some help. I just received a call from our
DBMD provider and she said she's getting ready to terminate her contract
with Comal county.

I am so confused when she was trying to tell me what services I would lose.
Our agency has been Perry Lee for both services and CDS, as far as I
understood, our case manager is through them however she has left recently.

We use the PCS and respite services and there was habilitation included as
well (not sure why). She told me I would still have the PCS as it was a
seperate program (don't see how as it's in our budget) and I would lose
respite (in budget as well) She then told me that she would try to find some
other agency to take over and she had to look closer at our case details. I
am to tell DADS if they call that she is looking into things further. I have
no idea what anything she said meant. When I asked questions she talked in

I'm sorry this is so long but this is the only place I know of that could
possibly help.

If anyone is able to explain things to me I sure would appreciate it.

Margaret Rose

Sent from Mailbox