[dbmat] Re: Hello and help (long)

  • From: "Hartman Family" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for DMARC)
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:11:48 -0500

I would suggest calling Lauren should avert. She oversees the DB MD program out
of Austin.

Lauren Chenoweth, LMSW
CLASS/DBMD Policy Lead
Long Term Services and Supports Policy
Center for Policy and Innovation (CPI)
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
(512) 438-2578
Fax: 512-438-4415
lauren.chenoweth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And call Cotina McNeal Who oversees services provided by Perry Lee. Her number
is (281) 969-8725 and her email is cotina_perrylee@xxxxxxxxxxx

Best,
Vivecca

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 14, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Margaret Rose <texasroses@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
My name is Margaret Rose and I live in New Braunfels. My son Morgan has been
on the DBMD program for a year.

I've been on the list for quite sometime but always reading, never posting.

Today I find myself in need of some help. I just received a call from our
DBMD provider and she said she's getting ready to terminate her contract with
Comal county.

I am so confused when she was trying to tell me what services I would lose.
Our agency has been Perry Lee for both services and CDS, as far as I
understood, our case manager is through them however she has left recently.

We use the PCS and respite services and there was habilitation included as
well (not sure why). She told me I would still have the PCS as it was a
seperate program (don't see how as it's in our budget) and I would lose
respite (in budget as well) She then told me that she would try to find some
other agency to take over and she had to look closer at our case details. I
am to tell DADS if they call that she is looking into things further. I have
no idea what anything she said meant. When I asked questions she talked in
circles.

I'm sorry this is so long but this is the only place I know of that could
possibly help.

If anyone is able to explain things to me I sure would appreciate it.

Margaret Rose

Sent from Mailbox