[dbmat] Re: Fwd: [STATE-DB] Online Training for Parents/Families on the Role of the Intervener

  • From: Caroline Daley <carolinedaley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:34:20 -0500

We forwarded It to our school team as well, hopeful there's info they can use

From: christian1013@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dbmat] Re: Fwd: [STATE-DB] Online Training for Parents/Families on
the Role of the Intervener
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:11:22 -0500

Is this only for families or also a good tool for educators? From:
dbmat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dbmat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Edgenie Bellah
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:07 PM
To: DBMAT <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [dbmat] Fwd: [STATE-DB] Online Training for Parents/Families on the
Role of the Intervener Wonderful DBMAT Families,Below is a fabulous online
training opportunity for anyone wanting to learn more about interveners.Edgenie
Family Engagement, Texas Deafblind Project
512-206-9423; fax: 512-206-9320 NFADB/NCDB
TrainingFACEBOOKTWITTERNCDBFACEBOOKNFADBThe National Family Association for
Deaf-Blind (NFADB) and the National Center on Deaf-Blindness (NCDB) are pleased
to announce the next online training for parents/families of children and youth
who are deaf-blind on:The Role of Interveners in Educational Settings

Sponsored by NFADB and NCDBSeptember 21 - October 26, 2015Come learn about:
The role of interveners.The principles of intervention.How interveners function
as members of students’ educational teams. Format:
Primarily self-study, but hosts are available to provide assistance. We will
also have several optional online video sessions.
1 to 2 hours per week for 5 weeks (you work on your own at times that are
convenient for you).
Patti McGowan (NFADB) and Peggy Malloy (NCDB) will provide online support and
The training will use Module 3 (“The Role of Interveners in Educational
Settings”) from the Open Hands Open Access (OHOA) Deaf-Blind Intervener
Learning Modules.
What you will need:
A computer and a good Internet connection.
It’s free!
For more information contact: Patti McGowan or Peggy Malloy
To sign up, use this online registration form.
503.838.8150 The contents of this communication were developed under a grant
from the U.S. Department of Education #H326T130013. However, the contents do
not necessarily represent the policy of the Teaching Research Institute, nor
the US Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the
Federal Government. Project Officer, Jo Ann McCann.
----------------------- For LISTSERV assistance, contact Robbin Bull

JPEG image

PNG image

PNG image