[dbmat] Fwd: [SPARKLE] PLEASE READ - Legislation for children who are deafblind - H. R. 4040

  • From: "Melanie" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rmkrn1@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:05:55 -0600

Dear DBMAT,

Please read below. This is  very important federal legislation moving forward
that will include the educational needs of the deafblind in the United States!

As advocates for the deafblind, whether you are a deafblind individual, parent,
we will be asked to help!

For me personally, this federal legislation reflects goals that I have been
working towards for the last 12 years.  And I want to add that the people that
are on The Executive Committee of the National Coalition on Deafblindness.....I
know for a fact have been working toward these goals for more than 20 years!

Everything DBAMT has done over the last few years.....the changes in the DBMD
waiver -the career ladder for Interveners, and including children at age of
diagnosis; DBMAT educational scholarships for our Texas Interveners; and our
members that have spent hours, days, weeks, months, and years working with
their school districts educating them on the power of the Intervener Model;
all of these efforts have and will continue to "pay off" when this bill is
passed!

WE MUST HELP GET THIS BILL PASSED!

Thank you,

Melanie Knapp