[dbmat] Re: Fwd: SB 208 (which would move DARS to TWC)

  • From: Jacqueline <jizaguirre@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 16:37:39 -0500

Perfect!

Thank you!

Sent from Jacqueline's iPhone

On May 1, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Pwelch <pwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ATTENTION DBMAT FAMILIES:

Please contact your Senators by email, fax or phone as soon as possible
regarding SB208. We've a sample letter attached if you'd like to use it. A
list of the Senators with phone numbers is also listed below. Please help us
make a difference!
Susie

SB 208 (which would move DARS to TWC)

This is a Bill that is likely to be voted on this week or early next week.
Please help us have a large impact by contacting the Senators:

Tell the Senators on the Committee
-------------------------------------

Dear ____,

As the parent of a blind child and member of The Deaf-Blind
Multihandicapped Association (DBMAT) I support Amendment #3 and #4 of SB
208.

#3 - Utilize the next 2 years to study what will be effective and prepare a
plan that takes into consideration both the service providers and the Blind
community to ensure a seamless transition. This would ensure a thoughtful
plan is used to make changes and avoid families emotional panic and allow
continuity of services for blind consumers.

#4 - That if services move to Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), please
keep all blind services together. The children's programs should be under
the same group that provides the adult services. This would help ensure
seamless delivery of services over the life of the blind person as well as
support the enrichment of services through being together. Blind
individuals already have so many challenges, lets at least allow them some
continuity in service delivery.

Respectfully yours,
Your Name
Address line 1
City State Zip
-----------------------------------
Contact ALL Senators
Bettencourt, Paul (R) - (512) 463-0107
Birdwell, Brian (R) - (512) 463-0122
Burton, Konni (R) - (512) 463-0110
Campbell, Donna (R) - (512) 463-0125
Creighton, Brandon (R) - (512) 463-0104
Ellis, Rodney (D) - (512) 463-0113 6
Eltife, Kevin (R) - (512) 463-0101
Estes, Craig (R) - (512) 463-0130
Fraser, Troy (R) - (512) 463-0124
Garcia, Sylvia (D) - (512) 463-0106
Hall, Bob (F) (R) - (512) 463-0102
Hancock, Kelly (R) - (512) 463-0109
Hinojosa, Chuy (D) - (512) 463-0120
Huffines, Don (R) - (512) 463-0116
Huffman, Joan (R) - (512) 463-0117
Kolkhorst, Lois (R) - (512) 463-0118
Lucio, Jr., Eddie (D) - (512) 463-0127
Menendez, Jose (D) - (512) 463-0126
Nelson, Jane (R) - (512) 463-0112
Nichols, Robert (R) - (512) 463-0103
Perry, Charles (R) - (512) 463-0128
Rodriguez, Jose (D) - (512) 463-0129
Schwertner, Charles (R) - (512) 463-0105
Seliger, Kel (R) - 512) 463-0131
Taylor, Larry (R) - (512) 463-0111
Taylor, Van (R) - (512) 463-0108
Uresti, Carlos (D) - (512) 463-0119
Watson, Kirk (D) - (512) 463-0114
West, Royce (D) - (512) 463-0123
Whitmire, John (R) - (512) 463-0115
Zaffirini, Judith (D) - (512) 463-0121
As we may be needed to do this for the House side as well, we may need to
be ready to do this again!

You can always let your representatives know where you stand. Here's the
website to find who Represents you:
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/find-your-representative/