[dbmat] Fwd: Next DB Community Class, November 4, 2015!

  • From: "Hartman Family" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:06:36 -0500

This has been announced on the Meet-Ups calendar and I'm forwarding to the
DBMAT ListServe

Best regards,
Vivecca

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "K Cue'" <kcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 17, 2015 at 2:48:42 PM CDT
To: "K. Cue" <kcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "kcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Next DB Community Class, November 4, 2015!

Please share with your DB Community!

DEAF-BLIND SERVICE CENTER OF AUSTIN PRESENTS:
DEAF-BLIND COMMUNITY CLASS
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2015
What are “Deaf-Blind Community Classes”? The classes give Deafblind people a
chance to come together for different learning experiences. These classes
will happen every two months and each class will have a new topic.
WHAT: Deaf-Blind Community Class
WHEN: Wednesday, November 4, 2015
WHERE: Travis County Services for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Center
(TCSDHH)
2201 Post Road (enter from the NORTH side of the building near the picnic
table)
Austin, Tx 78704
TIME: 6:00 P.M. TO 7:30 P.M.
PRESENTER: Andrew Cohen, a fellow Deafblind individual
TOPIC: “Life of Deafblind in Maryland”
Introduction from Kris: Andrew and his wife, Kelly Brittingham, have
recently moved to Texas from Maryland and are very interested in being
involved in the DB Community here in Texas and Austin. First impression of
Andrew at our most recent DBSC of Austin board meeting is that he is a
cheerful and lively young DB individual with a unique sense of humor! He is
a past member of the Board of Directors of the Deaf-Blind Camp of Maryland
and is/was very active in the DB Community of the Maryland/DC Metro area.
I’ve also discovered that he is a published author, smile! (His book:
Deaf-Blind Reality, Living the Life was published by Gallaudet University
Press in 2012). Andrew has also been involved in the training of SSPs and in
teaching Pro-Tactile. No doubt his presentation at this class will be
enjoyable!
You won't want to miss this class!! We will have light snacks available and
you may bring your own (non-alcoholic) drink. This class will again be
limited to 12 deafblind people, so you MUST contact Kris Cue' to reserve your
seat at (512) 251-2550 (voice or Relay Texas) or e-mail her at
kcue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx by Tuesday, October 27, 2015. You are responsible for your
own transportation to and from TCSDHH. If you want to ask for an SSP, please
contact Doug at: sspdbterps@xxxxxxxxx by Tuesday, October 27th. Also,
requests for sign language interpreters or other auditory and visual
accommodations MUST be sent to Kristin Lund at: deafinterpreter@xxxxxxxx by
Tuesday. October 27th. Late requests may not be filled!
REMEMBER: BY TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH, YOU MUST RSVP TO KRIS AND ALSO SEND YOUR
SSP REQUESTS TO DOUG AND YOUR INTERPRETER REQUESTS TO KRISTIN. TUESDAY,
OCTOBER 27TH IS THE ABSOLUTE DEADLINE!!
UPCOMING EVENTS - MARK YOUR CALENDARS! ! -
Deafblind Community Christmas Party, Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 11:00
a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Austin Deaf Club.
Kris Cue', Chairperson
Deaf-Blind Service Center of Austin