[dbmat] Fwd: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act - Cornyn Meeting

  • From: "Hartman Family" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 06:50:50 -0500

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Barbara Raimondo <baraimondo@xxxxxx>
Date: October 26, 2015 at 6:28:34 AM CDT
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act - Cornyn Meeting

Hello Texas Advocates:

Want to let you know that Heather Withrow, Orion, advocate (serving as an
intervener) Donna Riccobono, and I met with Senator Cornyn’s staff Friday.
The meeting went extremely well. It was so great to have Heather there to
explain so clearly the needs of deafblind students, what interveners do, and
why this bill will improve education for deafblind students. Orion helped by
looking completely adorable throughout the meeting.

As previously mentioned, we are hoping Mr. Cornyn will step up to be the
original Republican sponsor of the bill. He has supported deafblind issues in
the past, so we think he would be a natural for our bill. Please contact Mr.
Cornyn to encourage him to sponsor the bill. We also are looking at Rep.
Lamar Smith, Rep. Michael McCaul, and Rep. Roger Williams as additional
cosponsors in the House. We hope you will continue contacting their offices.

To summarize, please contact Senator Cornyn and Representatives Michael
McCaul, Lamar Smith, and Roger Williams. Information and sample letters are
available on the CEASD web site.

Please spread the word, and thanks for your support! Thanks again to Heather,
Orion, and Donna!

Barbara Raimondo
Government Relations Liaison
Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf