[dbmat] Fwd: 2015 Texas Symposium on Deafblindness - SAVE THE DATE!

  • From: Edgenie Bellah <bellahe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DBMAT <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:08:29 -0500

Wonderful DBMAT Families,

It's almost time to register for the 2015 Texas Symposium on Deafblindness!
This event is geared for parents, adult family members, and professionals
who have school aged children (birth - 22 years old). We hope you can join
us!

*Edgenie Bellah*
Family Engagement, Texas Deafblind Project
512-206-9423; fax: 512-206-9320

*2015 Texas Symposium on Deafblindness*

*Mindfulness:  Active Attention to the Here and Now*

*February 20-21, 2015*

*Omni Hotel South, Austin, TX*

The 2015 Texas Symposium on Deafblindness registration will begin in
December, but we wanted to give you some information now so you can plan
ahead. Our theme this year is on “mindfulness”, learning how to be present
with your child or student who is deafblind.

We are very pleased to have two international guest speakers, Bernadette
van den Tillaart and Gunnar Vege, who will share the work they have been
doing on bodily and emotional engagement with the student to create better
interactions. Bernadette and Gunnar both worked on the Tactile
Communication Network with Deafblind International (DbI) and are co-authors
of the DVD, *Landscape of Touch*.

We also welcome Haben Girma, Disability Rights Advocate and the first
deafblind graduate of Harvard Law School. Haben has been featured on TED
talks and has been honored as a White House Champion of Change.  Haben will
share her life story during our general sessions and talk about classroom
and work adaptations needed by individuals with deafblindness for success
in the workplace and at home.

Both our general and breakout sessions will feature outstanding educator
and family presentations from state and national educators including:  Jay
Gense, Amy Parker, Cathy Nelson, Tanni Anthony, Susie Tiggs, Elizabeth
Lewis, and others. There will be many opportunities for connecting and
sharing among conference participants, including a special family social on
Friday evening.
Registration Fees

   - Family and Professional Early Bird Rate* - * *$250.00  (thru January
   31st)*
   - Paraprofessional and University Student Early Bird Rate  - *$100.00
   (thru January 31st)*
   - Out-of-State Registration  - *$350.00 ** (thru January 31st)*
   - Family and Professional Rate  - *$300.00  (from February 1st)*
   - Paraprofessional and University Student Rate  - *$150.00  (from
   February 1st)*
   - Out-of-state Registration  - *$400.00 ** (from February 1st)*

Please mark your calendars and check with us at
http://www.tsbvi.edu/deaf-blind-project in December to learn more about
this conference and to register!

*A special pre-conference workshop* is currently being planned for February
19th at TSBVI James C. Durkel Conference Center featuring Bernadette van
den Tillaart and Gunnar Vege.  More information will soon be available
about this event.  Those attending both events will receive a discounted
rate on this workshop which is limited to 50 participants.

*See You Soon!*
*Brian Sobeck*
*Admin Assistant*
*Texas Deafblind Project*
*TSBVI Outreach*
*Ph.  (512) 206-9225 <%28512%29%20206-9225>*
*Fx. (512) 206-9320 <%28512%29%20206-9320>*

[image:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-School-for-the-Blind-and-Visually-Impaired-Distance-Learning/234728683263967]
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-School-for-the-Blind-and-Visually-Impaired-Distance-Learning/234728683263967>
[image: https://twitter.com/distance_tsbvi]