[dbmat] Re: DBMD agency

  • From: Kimberly Johnson <ckbjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 17:01:59 -0500

Thank you all for responding. I truly appreciate your input.

Take care & hope to see you at DBMAT conference in September!!

Kimberly Johnson🌈
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart."~ Helen Keller

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2015, at 2:26 PM, Chenoweth,Lauren (DADS)
<Lauren.Chenoweth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would agree with what Heidi says, or taking the advice of another
individual/family that is using a particular agency. DADS staff cannot
endorse any providers.

Some good questions to ask are:

How long have you worked with the DBMD program?

How many DBMD individuals do you currently work with?

What is your pay rate for residential habilitation and intervener staff (the
agencies starting and maximum pay for these positions can vary)?

Do you have staff that is trained to work with DB individuals? If not how
will you find individuals who can work with my child/sister/me?

Just some suggestions!

Lauren Chenoweth, LMSW
CLASS/DBMD Policy Lead
Long Term Services and Supports Policy
Center for Policy and Innovation (CPI)
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
(512) 438-2578
Fax: 512-438-4415
lauren.chenoweth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx