[dbmat] Re: DBMD agency

  • From: Rita Ilseng <rilseng2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 14:41:28 -0500

​My 26 year old son is on the DBMD waiver program and we have been with the
Volunteers of America since he received placement on the program at age
18. I'm not sure where you live but we live in Plano, TX and VOA has
worked for us. I have stayed with VOA because the intervener he has works
well with him and I didn't want to mess that up. If you need additional
information, I would be happy to answer them or provide the name of the
contact here in the Dallas area.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Chenoweth,Lauren (DADS) <
Lauren.Chenoweth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would agree with what Heidi says, or taking the advice of another
individual/family that is using a particular agency. DADS staff cannot
endorse any providers.

Some good questions to ask are:

How long have you worked with the DBMD program?

How many DBMD individuals do you currently work with?

What is your pay rate for residential habilitation and intervener staff
(the agencies starting and maximum pay for these positions can vary)?

Do you have staff that is trained to work with DB individuals? If not how
will you find individuals who can work with my child/sister/me?

Just some suggestions!

Lauren Chenoweth, LMSW

CLASS/DBMD Policy Lead

Long Term Services and Supports Policy

Center for Policy and Innovation (CPI)

Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services

(512) 438-2578

Fax: 512-438-4415

lauren.chenoweth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx