[dbmat] Re: DBMD agency

  • From: "Chenoweth,Lauren (DADS)" <Lauren.Chenoweth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 19:26:38 +0000

I would agree with what Heidi says, or taking the advice of another
individual/family that is using a particular agency. DADS staff cannot endorse
any providers.

Some good questions to ask are:

How long have you worked with the DBMD program?

How many DBMD individuals do you currently work with?

What is your pay rate for residential habilitation and intervener staff (the
agencies starting and maximum pay for these positions can vary)?

Do you have staff that is trained to work with DB individuals? If not how will
you find individuals who can work with my child/sister/me?

Just some suggestions!

Lauren Chenoweth, LMSW
CLASS/DBMD Policy Lead
Long Term Services and Supports Policy
Center for Policy and Innovation (CPI)
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
(512) 438-2578