[dbmat] Re: [DBMATLegislative] Fwd: DBMAT Immediate action needed -TODAY [1 Attachment]

  • From: skyhex@xxxxxxx <skyhex@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, DBMATLegislative@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:54:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi! In addition to calling Sen. Zaffirini's office this morning, I called
my Senator, Donna Campbell, who happens to be a co-sponsor for SB 208.
Heather WithrowMom of a current Blind Children's Program client, Orion (4.5
years old).
Sent from my Sprint phone

------ Original message------From: MelanieDate: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 7:49 PMTo:
DBMATLegislative@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;Cc: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;Jo Ann
Priddy;Subject:[dbmat] Re: [DBMATLegislative] Fwd: DBMAT Immediate action
needed -TODAY [1 Attachment]
Dear All,
I just want to echo Susie's and others concern for what may be our last chance
to do anything about the Blind Children's Services.  Children that are blind
and their families have difficulty enough with moving and transitioning through
the different services.  For some reason, the Sunset Advisory Committee has
recommended that all the programs should go to the Texas Work Force, except the
Blind Children's Services.
Whether this may directly affect you or not, please know that DBMAT's stand is
that all blind services SHOULD STAY TOGETHER!    Please take time to call and
email the following Senators below.
Your help will be very much appreciated
Melanie KnappPresidentDBMAT

Sent from my iPad
On Apr 21, 2015, at 5:25 PM, "Pwelch pwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [DBMATLegislative]"
<DBMATLegislative@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  [Attachment(s) from Pwelch included below]
DBMAT members call or email Senators Zaffirini , Estes and Hall's office today
or first thing in the morning to advocate for the Blind Childrens Program to
stay with the other blindness services.  Email addresses listed below.  This is
coming up for vote as soon as tomorrow. Please "ACT" TODAY so we keep these
essential services together.Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:

To: AVIT <alliancevit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AVIT] Immediate action needed -TODAY

The DARS/DBS blindness services are being pulled apart.  We need all membe rs
to write to Senators Zaffirini, Estes and Hall TODAY to strongly advocate for
the Blind Children's Program to stay with the other blindness services.  Senate
Bill 208 may be voted on as early as tomorrow and moves all other DBS services
to the Tx Workforce Commission without the Blind Children's Program.
Without the infrastructure and staff support of the VR system, the Children's
Program will not have the resources needed to continue to provide
blindness-specific supports to Texas families.  We need calls and emails coming
into the Senate offices NOW from AVIT members across the state.
 Please email Senators Estes, Zaffirini and Hall.

For Senator Estes please email your comments to Tatem Reagan, the committee
clerk. His email address is tatum.reagan_sc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Senator Zaffirini's staff person is Isabel Casas and her email address is
Senator Hall's staff person on this issue is Boyd Bush. His email address is
 Go to www.AllianceVItexans.org/sunset-commission/keep-together-4/for more
talking points. To learn more about AVIT (23 year old state coalition), visit
the AVIT website.
__._,_.___ Attachment(s) from Pwelch | View
attachments on the web 1 of 1 File(s)
SB 208 testimony .docx
Posted by: Pwelch <pwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
• Reply to sender