[dbmat] Re: Conference planning/DBMAT Board call 09/14/2014

  • From: "Heidi May" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hbarr1970@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:22:27 -0500

Good morning all! This is Heidi (PerryLee agency). I wanted to make a quick
comment on the DBMD enrollment part. We alone have enrolled probably around 10
+/-, so the "2" count must be a mistake. However I can still tell you a few
reasons the number isn't higher: some individuals on the list do not qualify
(they don't have to be qualified to be on the list), some parents ARE afraid
and don't want to change from their current program, some just simply don't
contact us back (that's with us making several phone calls and sending out a
certified letter), and I imagine there are many that are pending. It's taking
DADS 3-4 months to enroll each person. On one occasion, an individual signed up
for a different service while waiting for DADS to approve their plan!!!! You
can imagine what a mess that was! Anyway, I hope some of this insight helps.
And be assured that the numbers are much higher that 2 individuals. :). Have a
great day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone