[dbmat] Re: Conference opportunity about pro-tactile

  • From: Caroline Daley <carolinedaley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 12:51:13 -0700

Viv- why would a family lose Dars services? We just had a meetings with Rachel
Simpson and even moving into transition or adult services she said there were
opportunities for training specifically if it would be something to help
With becoming more employable or improve volunteer possibilities.
A conference like this is awesome
For related outcomes because it's all
About improving accessibility everywhere a db individual would be from phones
to Braille notes to service dogs to understanding ADA.

We look up to our families with older db kiddos and don't want to be shocked if
there aren't services like Dars at 16. Pls help us understand.

Thanks!
Caroline

Sent from my iPhone