[dbmat] Re: Cogswell-Macy Act Webinar TONIGHT

  • From: "Davis,CC (DARS)" <CC.Davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:23:15 +0000

You will make a big impact!

From: dbmat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dbmat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Melanie Knapp
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 8:17 AM
To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dbmat] Re: Cogswell-Macy Act Webinar TONIGHT

Heather
Good luck in DC! So proud of you!!
Melanie

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2015, at 11:50 PM, Hartman Family (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yeah!!!

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 6, 2015, at 4:07 PM, Heather Withrow
<skyhex@xxxxxxx<mailto:skyhex@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
I’ll let y’all know that Orion and I will be in Washington, DC in a couple
weeks with side plans to meet certain Texas congressmen sometime on 10/23
(someone is working on securing meetings for that day)… if any of you guys will
be around, please join me! There will be someone from CEASD (the Deaf aspect
of HR 3535), National Association for the Deaf, American Federation for the
Blind, American Council of the Blind and ASL interpreter(s), too. I plan on
speaking up for our DB kids. <3

Heather Withrow
www.heatherwithrow.com<http://www.heatherwithrow.com>
Twitter: @hexsie

On Oct 6, 2015, at 7:05 AM, Edgenie Bellah
<bellahe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bellahe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Wonderful DBMAT Families:

TONIGHT IS THE BIG NIGHT! There's still time to sign up to participate in the
webinar for families to learn about the Cogswell-Macy Act (HR3535). As Robbie
shared during the conference, the Cogswell-Macy act will add language for
students with vision loss, deafness and deafblindness to IDEA when it is
re-authorized. I'm attaching some documents from the Deaf-Blind Coalition and
NFADB (two of the webinar sponsors) that highlight Title III, which is specific
to students with deafblindness.

Please note that the time listed is Pacific time zone so you'll want to join us
7:00-8:30pm.
See you tonight!
Edgenie
<CECwebinar.PNG><CogswellMacy One-Pager (2).doc><Update on the Alice Cogswell &
Macy Act 9 2 15 final-1.docx>