[dbmat] Re: Cogswell-Macy Act Webinar TONIGHT

  • From: LISA BRISCOE <lbriscoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 08:23:43 -0500

Amazing!
Blessings on your journey for all our kids.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Heather Withrow <skyhex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I’ll let y’all know that Orion and I will be in Washington, DC in a couple
weeks with side plans to meet certain Texas congressmen sometime on 10/23
(someone is working on securing meetings for that day)… if any of you guys
will be around, please join me! There will be someone from CEASD (the Deaf
aspect of HR 3535), National Association for the Deaf, American Federation
for the Blind, American Council of the Blind and ASL interpreter(s), too. I
plan on speaking up for our DB kids. <3

Heather Withrow
www.heatherwithrow.com
Twitter: @hexsie

On Oct 6, 2015, at 7:05 AM, Edgenie Bellah <bellahe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wonderful DBMAT Families:

TONIGHT IS THE BIG NIGHT! *T**here's still time to sign up to participate
in the webinar for families to learn about the Cogswell-Macy Act (HR3535). *
As Robbie shared during the conference, the Cogswell-Macy act will add
language for students with vision loss, deafness and deafblindness to IDEA
when it is re-authorized. I'm attaching some documents from the Deaf-Blind
Coalition and NFADB (two of the webinar sponsors) that highlight Title III,
which is specific to students with deafblindness.

Please note that the time listed is Pacific time zone so you'll want to
join us 7:00-8:30pm.

See you tonight!

*Edgenie *
<CECwebinar.PNG><CogswellMacy One-Pager (2).doc><Update on the Alice
Cogswell & Macy Act 9 2 15 final-1.docx>

--
*Lisa Briscoe*
*Twin Creeks Middle School Registrar*

--
*Notice of Confidentiality: *

*This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee
information. Unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited by law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or
disseminate this information. Please notify the sender immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.*Spring
Independent School District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of
Trustees and its agents, officers and staff members shall not discriminate
on the basis of gender, race, disabling condition, age, color, religion,
national origin, military status, or any other legally protected status in
making decisions regarding staff members or students.