[dbmat] Re: Cogswell-Macy Act Webinar TONIGHT

  • From: Heather Withrow <skyhex@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 09:07:14 -0500

I’ll let y’all know that Orion and I will be in Washington, DC in a couple
weeks with side plans to meet certain Texas congressmen sometime on 10/23
(someone is working on securing meetings for that day)… if any of you guys will
be around, please join me! There will be someone from CEASD (the Deaf aspect
of HR 3535), National Association for the Deaf, American Federation for the
Blind, American Council of the Blind and ASL interpreter(s), too. I plan on
speaking up for our DB kids. <3

Heather Withrow
Twitter: @hexsie

On Oct 6, 2015, at 7:05 AM, Edgenie Bellah <bellahe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wonderful DBMAT Families:

TONIGHT IS THE BIG NIGHT! There's still time to sign up to participate in the
webinar for families to learn about the Cogswell-Macy Act (HR3535). As
Robbie shared during the conference, the Cogswell-Macy act will add language
for students with vision loss, deafness and deafblindness to IDEA when it is
re-authorized. I'm attaching some documents from the Deaf-Blind Coalition
and NFADB (two of the webinar sponsors) that highlight Title III, which is
specific to students with deafblindness.

Please note that the time listed is Pacific time zone so you'll want to join
us 7:00-8:30pm.

See you tonight!
<CECwebinar.PNG><CogswellMacy One-Pager (2).doc><Update on the Alice Cogswell
& Macy Act 9 2 15 final-1.docx>