[dbmat] Re: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act - Cornyn Meeting

  • From: "Gina Dagrella" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ginagale62" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:26:49 +0000 (UTC)

dr pepper ? my kind of guy ! haha. thank you, thank you, thank you Heather and
Orion !and I love the pictures !

On Monday, October 26, 2015 11:48 AM, paul welch <pwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks so much Heather and Orion for representing us.

Paul and Susie
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 26, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Heather Withrow <skyhex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It was a honor.  The office fridge was stocked with Dr. Pepper (diet, too) and
the “Come And Take It” flag hung framed on one wall, and a painting of a
longhorn was on another. I enjoyed the visit.
I told the Senator Cornyn's legislative aide that I represented DBMAT, expanded
on our acronym, so… c’mon and represent in those letters!  Phone calls work,
too!
Heather Withrow
www.heatherwithrow.com
Twitter: @hexsie

On Oct 26, 2015, at 8:25 AM, Melanie Knapp <rmknapp14@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Heather and Orion!  Okay folks. Let's get those letters, emails, and
calls to the Senator and Congressmen!! Melanie

Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 26, 2015, at 6:50 AM, Hartman Family (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:

From: Barbara Raimondo <baraimondo@xxxxxx>
Date: October 26, 2015 at 6:28:34 AM CDT
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act - Cornyn Meeting

Hello Texas Advocates:
Want to let you know that Heather Withrow, Orion, advocate (serving as an
intervener) Donna Riccobono, and I met with Senator Cornyn’s staff Friday. The
meeting went extremely well. It was so great to have Heather there to explain
so clearly the needs of deafblind students, what interveners do, and why this
bill will improve education for deafblind students. Orion helped by looking
completely adorable throughout the meeting.
As previously mentioned, we are hoping Mr. Cornyn will step up to be the
original Republican sponsor of the bill. He has supported deafblind issues in
the past, so we think he would be a natural for our bill. Please contact Mr.
Cornyn to encourage him to sponsor the bill. We also are looking at Rep. Lamar
Smith, Rep. Michael McCaul, and Rep. Roger Williams as additional cosponsors in
the House. We hope you will continue contacting their offices.
To summarize, please contact Senator Cornyn and Representatives Michael McCaul,
Lamar Smith, and Roger Williams. Information and sample letters are available
on the CEASD web site.
Please spread the word, and thanks for your support! Thanks again to Heather,
Orion, and Donna!
Barbara
Barbara RaimondoGovernment Relations LiaisonConference of Educational
Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf