[dbmat] Re: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act - Cornyn Meeting

  • From: paul welch <pwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:47:15 -0500

Thanks so much Heather and Orion for representing us.

Paul and Susie
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Heather Withrow <skyhex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It was a honor. The office fridge was stocked with Dr. Pepper (diet, too)
and the “Come And Take It” flag hung framed on one wall, and a painting of a
longhorn was on another. I enjoyed the visit.

I told the Senator Cornyn's legislative aide that I represented DBMAT,
expanded on our acronym, so… c’mon and represent in those letters! Phone
calls work, too!

Heather Withrow
www.heatherwithrow.com
Twitter: @hexsie

On Oct 26, 2015, at 8:25 AM, Melanie Knapp <rmknapp14@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Heather and Orion! Okay folks. Let's get those letters, emails,
and calls to the Senator and Congressmen!!
Melanie

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2015, at 6:50 AM, Hartman Family (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28"
for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Barbara Raimondo <baraimondo@xxxxxx>
Date: October 26, 2015 at 6:28:34 AM CDT
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act - Cornyn Meeting

Hello Texas Advocates:

Want to let you know that Heather Withrow, Orion, advocate (serving as an
intervener) Donna Riccobono, and I met with Senator Cornyn’s staff Friday.
The meeting went extremely well. It was so great to have Heather there to
explain so clearly the needs of deafblind students, what interveners do,
and why this bill will improve education for deafblind students. Orion
helped by looking completely adorable throughout the meeting.

As previously mentioned, we are hoping Mr. Cornyn will step up to be the
original Republican sponsor of the bill. He has supported deafblind issues
in the past, so we think he would be a natural for our bill. Please
contact Mr. Cornyn to encourage him to sponsor the bill. We also are
looking at Rep. Lamar Smith, Rep. Michael McCaul, and Rep. Roger Williams
as additional cosponsors in the House. We hope you will continue
contacting their offices.

To summarize, please contact Senator Cornyn and Representatives Michael
McCaul, Lamar Smith, and Roger Williams. Information and sample letters
are available on the CEASD web site.

Please spread the word, and thanks for your support! Thanks again to
Heather, Orion, and Donna!

Barbara

Barbara Raimondo
Government Relations Liaison
Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the
Deaf