[dbmat] Re: Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act

  • From: "Hartman Family" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for DMARC)
  • To: Barbara Raimondo <baraimondo@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 20:11:38 -0500

Thanks Barbara! We will all need to reach out to McCaul.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2015, at 9:09 AM, Barbara Raimondo <baraimondo@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Texas Advocates:

I am excited to inform you that the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act
has been introduced in the House! H.R. 3535 was introduced last week by Rep.
Matt Cartwright. The Republican lead is Rep. David McKinley from West
Virginia. As of now the bill has eight co-sponsors. We are very happy with
this development! It is a huge step forward.

However, there is still much work to be done. We will continue to obtain
additional co-sponsors in the House and are working on having it introduced
in the Senate. We still are targeting Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas as a
co-sponsor, so please contact him if you have not done so already.
Information is available on the CEASD web site. Please spread the word!

Thanks for your support!

Barbara Raimondo
Government Relations Liaison
Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf