[dbmat] Re: Accessibility at CYJ (Camp Young Judaea)

  • From: gbellamy22@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 21:28:55 -0600

Yes yes yes I want to be part of that. My biggest concern is the ground not
built up to sidewalks. Wheelchairs can easily flip. This seems to be
throughout camp.
I have other suggestion too.

Yeah! Bar
Yeah! CYJ
I told you this was a blessing in disguise. Yeah.

On Dec 27, 2015, at 8:38 PM, George Givens (Redacted sender "givens3" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please see if Gay is also available to speak with Bar. She could advise Bar
specific camp areas where they struggled with wheelchair access. I'm very
impressed with CYJ and how they have accommodated DBMAT.

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:47 PM, Gina Dagrella
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

wow ! this is awesome ! thanks to Bar and staff at CYJ

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:37 PM, Comcast - Home <d.t.chan@xxxxxxxxxxx>

That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't mind talking to Bar at CYJ. Just let me
know when. Thanks.

Douglas T. Chan, M.S., LPC-S

Brownstone Psychiatry
6605 Cypresswood, Suite 325
Spring, TX 77379
Office - 281.251.3030
Fax - 281.251.3031

On Dec 27, 2015, at 7:18 PM, Hartman Family (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28"
for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's cool!

Happy New Year :-)

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 27, 2015, at 7:06 PM, Stephen Schoen <stephenschoen351@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks and Happy almost New Year. Camp Young Judaea actually reads the
evaluation feedback we provide to them. They are interested in making their
camp more accessible and would like to have discussions with the folks who
are interested in providing feedback. If you are willing to have phone
discussions with Bar at CYJ (or possibly his boss) about accessibility
please send an email to me at stephenschoen351@xxxxxxxxx, and I'll help
facilitate. Steve Schoen

FYI--- Here are the comments we provided about accessilbility:

"We need to discuss accessibility for campers."
"More wheel chair accessible. Lots of places were blocked or hard to get
for a person in a chair. This just was difficult."
"Wheelchair or stroller accessibility. Grounds need to be better. It is
hard to push through rocks. Love the camp, it's peaceful"