[dbmat] Re: Accessibility at CYJ (Camp Young Judaea)

  • From: "George Givens" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "givens3" for DMARC)
  • To: "dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbmat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 02:38:51 +0000 (UTC)

Steve, Please see if Gay is also available to speak with Bar.  She could advise
Bar specific camp areas where they struggled with wheelchair access.  I'm very
impressed with CYJ and how they have accommodated DBMAT.  Christine

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:47 PM, Gina Dagrella
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

wow ! this is awesome ! thanks to Bar and staff at CYJ

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:37 PM, Comcast - Home <d.t.chan@xxxxxxxxxxx>

That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't mind talking to Bar at CYJ. Just let me know
when. Thanks.

Douglas T. Chan, M.S., LPC-S
Brownstone Psychiatry6605 Cypresswood, Suite 325Spring, TX 77379Office -
281.251.3030Fax - 281.251.3031
On Dec 27, 2015, at 7:18 PM, Hartman Family (Redacted sender "hartmanfam28" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's cool!
Happy New Year :-)

Sent from my iPad
On Dec 27, 2015, at 7:06 PM, Stephen Schoen <stephenschoen351@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks and Happy almost New Year.   Camp Young Judaea actually reads the
evaluation feedback we provide to them.  They are interested in making their
camp more accessible and would like to have discussions with the folks who are
interested in providing feedback.  If you are willing to have phone discussions
with Bar at CYJ (or possibly his boss) about accessibility please send an email
to me at stephenschoen351@xxxxxxxxx, and I'll help facilitate.   Steve Schoen

FYI---   Here are the comments we provided about accessilbility:
"We need to discuss accessibility for campers.""More wheel chair accessible.
Lots of places were blocked or hard to get for a person in a chair.  This just
was difficult."
"Wheelchair or stroller accessibility.  Grounds need to be better.  It is hard
to push through rocks.  Love the camp, it's peaceful"