[dbaust] disability plan

  • From: "Trudy Ryall" <trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:45:42 +1000

Draft Victorian State Disability Plan 2013-2016

The Victorian Government is currently developing the Victorian state disability
plan 2013-2016.

The plan will outline a four year vision for Victoria to improve mainstream
policies, programs, services and infrastructure and support reform of
disability services.

This focus will enable Victoria to deliver on its commitments in the National
Disability Strategy (NDS) to improve the mainstream response as well as working
with the Commonwealth towards a viable National Disability Insurance Scheme
(NDIS).

The draft plan has four parts:

· What do we know? This section gives a snapshot of the population of people
with a disability, the current challenges they face and the policy and service
context.

· Where are we heading? This section outlines the framework for the draft plan,
including the areas we will focus on, what we are already doing and what else
we need to do.

· How will we get there? This section describes how we will work in the future
and our approach to implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Victorian state
disability plan 2013-2016.

· Having your say. This section describes how you can put forward your ideas to
assist us in finalising the Victorian state disability plan 2013-2016.

The draft plan is an opportunity to make real changes to supports and services
for Victorians with a disability, their families and carers, laying the
foundation for the implementation of a sustainable National Disability
Insurance Scheme to give certainty to eligible Victorians with a disability.

Your input into the consultation process will play an important role in
ensuring the plan meets the diverse needs of Victorians with a disability,
their families and carers both today and in the future. We encourage you to
provide feedback on the draft plan, which you can do by:

· Writing a submission, due by Wednesday 11 July 2012.

· Complete an online Feedback Form which will go directly to the Office for
Disability.

· In person at a public or sector consultation session. Register online to
attend.

For details on submissions and consultations and to download the draft report
in a variety of formats, visit:

http://www.dhs.vic.gov.au/about-the-department/plans,-programs-and-projects/plans-and-strategies/disability-services/state-disability-plan