[dbaust] NDIS Ralley in Melbourne: -

Hello everyone,

The Victorian Deafblind Advocacy Group would like to inform you of a Ralley
to Support NDIS in Melbourne.  Please read flyer below.

Regards

Michelle Stevens

URGENT IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT NDIS RALLY

FROM THE VICTORIAN DEAFBLIND ADVOCACY GROUP

The Victorian Deafblind Advocacy committee would like to ask you for your
big help to support NDIS - National Disability Insurance Scheme.

First of all, remember in June last year we organised a big forum and 18
deafblind consumers, families, staff, volunteers attended along  with James
Obrien from NDIS.  After the forum we sent a formal letter to the
Productivity Commission in Canberra. We have made some contacts with James
Obrien and he is willing to support us of the deafblind community.

Regards government funds, We know that some deafblind people have already
received government funds for everyday life support.  Sadly other deafblind
people have little or don't have the funds at all or have been on waiting
list for years. It is not fair for them to wait so long.

People with disabilities want more money to get better services and support.
They too really want to enjoy life and participate in the community.

You may be aware that the Federal and State government are talking about
cuts to save money, people are worried this may delay the NDIS for a couple
of years.

What is NDIS Rally?

The rally is for everyone to come together to let the government know that
people with disabilities want and need  the insurance scheme . We want
action from government. Hundreds of supporters will meet in the city to show
the government that  we are there to support NDIS.

 We, the committee encourage Deafblind community to come along and join with
others at the NDIS rally.  Even if you already have government funds you are
welcome to come and help others who don't have funds.

When: Monday 30th April 2012

Where: Federation Square Corner of Flinders and Swanston St

Meet: Flinders station (under clock) at 11.15 am. The rally starts at 12 pm.
Please arrive on time to organise support.

RSVP: Tuesday 24th April, see below of committee contacts.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Volunteers, staff will be provided. Please let us know if you need support
or are you bringing your family members, friends - make sure everyone have
the companion for the rally.  Thank you.

Please contact one of that committee is:

Heather Lawson

Email: Lawsonhj@xxxxxxxxxx

Sms: 0435 534 046

Trudy Ryall

Email: trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx

Mobile: 0401324381

Michelle Stevens

Email:  m1stevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sms: 0415278188

Many thanks for your help and don't give up our hopes.

Kind Regards from VDBAG committee