[softwarelist] Re: naming a new master page in OPro

  • From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:33:35 +0100

In message <d2e9946e50.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gav wrote on 20 Jun:
>> There's my PageSize applet that will do exactly what you want.

> excellent; thanks, Gavin.

[snip]

> (a) in masterpage view, the page numbers or chapter numbers do not
> seem to display meaningfully, or take a while to respond, and it's
> hard to tell that you've done them all when the change is a matter of
> only a few mm.
>    isn't there a way of doing this operation on all the chapters at
> once?

One thought - if you export as DDL you could probably run search and
replace for the page size in your favourite text editor and then bring
it back into OPro.

[snip]

> (c) having done all this at last, i closed the masterpage window and
> OPro seemed to hang.  no sign of activity, no response from menu
> button or anything.  went off for tea.  came back and was glad to find
> the job had actually happened.  does it normally take this long?

> note that i made no change to the frames holding the text, only to the
> dimensions of the page.  i dread to think how long the update is going
> to take when i do change these frames to suit the new margins and
> cause all the text to re-flow.  is this a fair assumption?

Default frame size on master pages is defined by the margins, so if
you didn't change the margins the frames will all have re-sized
relative to the new page size. The text will have re-flowed and
probably newly blank pages deleted. This probably explains the time it
took.

Anthony

--
Anthony Hilton