[softwarelist] Re: Thank you for your email

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:33:57 +0100

On 17 Jun 2009  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <E1MH1DF-0001Ik-6h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Thank you for your email '[softwarelist] Re: Corrupt index'.
>>I regret that I'm currently unavailable and won't be able to reply to
>>your email until after 11 July.
>>Sorry for the inconvenience that this will cause you.

> Soooh. he's set up his machine to reply with the above message to all
> incoming email. The thing is, will it send out the reply when it sees
> the message it sent appear back from the list. If so, we're sitting on
> the brink of infinity.

> He's not kidding when he says "the inconvenience that this will cause
> you" e.g. finding his house and chainsawing the telegraph pole outside
> it.

> Any suggestions before the mail list becomes incredibly busy?

> ;-)

> Ah, got it, I can go unsub him... <sigh> simple solutions are no fun.

Excellent, and I'd hoped that you would do this. Please also:

  1) Tell him what you've done (even if this message doesn't get
     to him till July).

  2) Tell him why you've done this.

  3) Tell him what a prat he is.

I feel better now :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.