[softwarelist] Re: Text frames on top of picture frames

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:50:01 +0100

Chris Johnson wrote:
In article <481631C1.3090806@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a series of picture frames on a page. I want to place a
number (in a text frame) on top of each picture. In some cases,
the number disappears and I have an "empty" frame with the
overflow tag.

What settings do I need so that I can overlay a text frame anywhere
on a picture, so that the text in the frame is always visible?

I don't quite follow. The overflow tag showing in an 'empty' frame
indicates that the frame is not big enough for the first line (or
char). It usually means that the height of the frame is not enough
for the text or character height. Try making the frame a little
bigger in the y direction until the text pops in to view, or
alternatively make the font size smaller.

Changing the size of the frame makes no difference. I've now worked out the solution ... switch off "lock to grid" in Format Text.
--
C.B.