[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro (Wind) spelling

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 08:11:43 +0000 (GMT)

In article <7E32A80935D04CE6BEF00E599D68B66B@XPHOMEPC>,
   Dan McCarthy <danmccat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]
> Being a New Zealander of a certain age "where" and "were" are not a
> problem as I pronounce them differently.

Many years ago, watching a NZ soap (About young Doctors) I was convinced
for a while that there were two different characters that looked alike
(Maybe twins).

One was called Nick by the guesting Aussie actor, while the thick (accent)
NZ actor called the look-alike Nuck.

I thereafter remember noting quite a number of words where the "u" was
used to replace other letters, particularly the "i".

If Nick was off work today because he was sick.

Out of the NZ mouth is was Nuck is suck...

I wrute thus no way as a pejoratuve, but just an amusung observation.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid