[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro, Chapters, Master pages and stuff

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:56:24 +0000

Hi,

In message <50e90ec76fdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
The OP has an Imp Default document that contains, in the Alter Chapter
dialogue, a number of different (4) chapters defined, which are used
variously within the one document, and the OP is adamant they must all be
retained.

In Impression there is not a one to one link between master page and document chapters. So an Impression document can have more master page chapters than document chapters, or it can have less master page chapters than document chapters.

When you load an Impression document into Ovation Pro, Ovation will enforce its rule of one master page chapter per document chapter. Either extra master page chapters will be created, or surplus ones will be removed.

As I always say, anyone contemplating buying OP should, have a good play with what is available for free - in the case of Windows the whole thing is available for free download. For RISC OS, there's a version of the main program that can't save and the Impression loader on my web site.

I think it is fair to point out to any potential new user that this is late in the day to be buying Ovation.

But there's only a handful of the RISC OS manual left - buy now while stocks last, collectors item...