[softwarelist] Re: OvPro - ctrl+P

  • From: Robert Greenfield <theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 21:09:21 +1200

On 02 Jun, Peter Newble <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <506482dc9ftheboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert
> Greenfield <theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > A minor annoyance, but Ctrl+P doesn't work (to give a new
> > page). Has anyone else found this?

> Are you perhaps confusing two kinds of 'new page'.

Quite possibly :-)

> Ctrl-P, when
> the caret is in a text frame, forces a break to the next linked
> frame (either autolinked or manually linked). Since the default
> document usually consists of one autolinked frame per page, this
> means subsequent text is forced to the top of the next page.

I do use it for this purpose, but selecting the Misc->Insert->New Page
(lists ^P for shortcut) will also create a new page if you are on the last
page. Just pressing ^P doesn't do this.

> Page > Insert page..., which has no default shortcut, brings up a
> dialogue box allowing you to create a new page specifically
> before or after the current one. This is of limited use if it
> conflicts with dynamic page creation caused by text flowing from
> one autolinked frame to the next -- apart from anything else,
> blank pages at the end of the document will very soon be deleted
> again in this case. However, when creating a booklet which I know
> has to be, say, 16 pages long, I often start with an empty 1-page
> document, place a static frame on it for the back cover, then
> insert fifteen pages before it. Text still flows automatically
> from the new page 1 to page 2, page 2 to page 3, etc. as usual,
> but the extent of the document is fixed unless it reaches the end
> of page 15 and overflows into a new page 17.

That's a good idea. Thanks for sharing it :-)

> > Also cut (or copy) and paste within OvPro doesn't do the
> > correct font styles unless I untick 'Global Clipboard' in
> > Choices. I notice that the correct styles ARE copied into the
> > clipboard.

> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you pasting wihin a
> document or cutting/copying and pasting between documents?

Both.
Doing ctrl+C then ctrl+V exhibits different behaviours within OvPro
depending on whether I have 'Global clipboard' ticked.

regards,

--
Robert Greenfield

Webmonster. RISC OS and Acorn solutions.
<theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  -  http://www.webmonster.co.nz/