[softwarelist] Opro - Request for new feature

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 12:04:29 +0100

Hi,

I'm posting here to suggest a new feature to be added to Ovation Pro,
and I hope that there may be some others on this list that will think
it enough of a good idea to convince David into implementing it.
[having said that, I bet no one even comments!]

I'd like to have the ability to actually print the proxy images out to
the printer instead of the full sized image.

I know that may sound like a silly, backwards approach to what proxy
images are intended for, but I often work on large, graphic heavy,
books that are intended for commercial litho printing, with a lot of
large 300dpi images at 300+ dpi. Printing these images, especially to
a PostScript printer can take a very long time. Being able to just
print the lower resolution proxy images would enable a much quicker
proofing option.

--
Gavin