[softwarelist] Re: CrossStar problem with ARMini resolved

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:36:50 +0000

Hi,

In message <56802f3b52.chris@xxxxxxxx>, Chris Hughes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
It launches fine to icon bar, and lists all the Dictionaries in !Word
but will only display the contents of !MainDict, you can select any of
the others and its just displays  a empty dictionary window (saying
!MainDict in window bar).

Do those dictionaries contain anything?

There is also the thing I said earlier, Spell caches dictionaries, so it does not notice if those present on disc change, and "present on disc" means present in the location Spell looks, changing the location by booting other copies of !Words will also give this effect of it knowing about dictionaries which it can't access.

Quit and re-run Spell should resolve these problems.

I don't recall how the internal dictionaries work, whether it uses them if no !Words has been seen or if you have to edit !Run to tell it to use one location or another.

Like many similar resource folders, only having one !Words in the whole computer is a good idea. But one pokes in a floppy, and hours later is being asked to reproduce it - because the !folder on it has been booted.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK