[softwarelist] Re: Copy and paste of guide lines

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 12:18:49 +0100

In message <5047f5e070gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

It was the ability to paste a bunch of precisely positioned guidelines
from one master page to another that I was looking for.

I know it is the positioning you want, but for others it is worth noting that drag and drop copy also works between documents.

Drag and drop copy/move is powerful and quick, it works for objects, selected text and pictures, within pages, between pages, between documents and between OP and other applications, took ages to implement, and I suspect is rarely used.

It is however lumbered with a weird dependency on the shift key which controls if a move or copy takes place.