[softwarelist] Re: Copy and paste of guide lines

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:10:44 +0100

In article <49DA2FB3.9080904@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gavin Crawford wrote:
> > Is there a way to paste guide lines?
> >
> > They can be cut or copied but there doesn't seem to be a way to paste
> > them back into a page.

> Well, you can include guidelines in Master Pages ... does that not do
> what you want?

I often need to copy guidelines into a Master page, or from one master
page to another. If they could be copied back from the clipboard, then
the PastePos applet would allow exact positioning of guides in one page
to be placed into another - handy when creating complex layouts for
books and magazines where you want mirrored master pages that are almost
identical except for extra margin space at the grind. The NudgePal
applet helps when shifting all the guides and master frames.

--
Gavin Crawford
email: gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx