[softwarelist] Re: A6 booklet production

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:26:23 +0000 (GMT)

In article <14df01a151.Ant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Second set your document page to A6 (148 x 105 mm) with the
> >> margins you want and set your styles for font, type size etc (or
> >> grab a copy of the OPro stylesheet
> >> http://www.tinshill.f9.co.uk/ant/A6Booklet.dps and modify it as
> >> you want).
[ . . . ]
> A typo in the file name before uploading has now been corrected.

> I have also put the same file into a zip archive in case a web
> browser doesn't know what to do with a .dps file
> http://www.tinshill.f9.co.uk/ant/A6Booklet.zip

Very useful - thank you.

What's more the problem's solved! (And I did update OvPro to 2.77, by
the way.)

The warning from David Pilling was certainly valid: "I think however
you do it, some mental effort is required to sort out the pages." I
eventually discovered that for a 16-page A6 document, it's necessary
in printing the reverse side (a) to do so in reverse sheet order and
(b) to turn the sheets through 180 degrees.

The other good news is, that when my many test sheet failures are
cut into pages they are an excellent size for rough paper notes.  8-)

Many thanks indeed for solving the problem.

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx