[darkice] jackd -> darkice -> icecast2 (mp3)

  • From: Apu / Springfield FAS <apu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:09:39 -0400

Not entirely sure where my problem lays but hoping someone might have
seen this before and can help, or can point me in the right direction.

I'm running CentOS 5 with the CCRMA realtime kernel and a M-Audio Delta
1010LT feeding sound to jackd (from CCRMA).  I have darkice 0.19 (from
ATrpms) taking the data from jackd and passing it to an icecast2 2.3.2
(tried both stock and kh15b versions).  Finally, have iTunes on the
local LAN connecting as the only client to the icecast2 server.

If I start jackd, darkice and icecast2, connecting darkice to icecast2
and iTunes to icecast2 (not but connecting ports using jack_connect),
then the total_bytes_read and total_bytes_sent reported by icecast2 are
pretty close and the client seems to run forever (for values of forever
close to 20 minutes of testing).

However, as soon as I connect jackd to darkice, total_bytes_read
increases significantly faster than total_bytes_sent and eventually
icecast2 disconnects the iTunes client because it fell too far behind.

Starting jackd with

        jackd -R -d alsa -r 22050

and connecting jackd to darkice with

        jack_connect system:capture_6 darkice_6:mono

Snippet from darkice.cfg:

        [input]
        device          = jack
        sampleRate      = 22050