[dance-tech] Re: post / choreographic

  • From: "Birringer" <orpheus2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 04:38:14 +0200

Hi Tony

thanks for your response, and for your insistence on questioning these notions
of interaction-interactivity and real time composition. I like your example,
and will be glad to watch such videos on the relations between vj-dj's and club
dancing.

What would constitute real-time composition in your opinion (if you wouldn't
entertain the idea that the performer wearing a sensor dress is able to "edit"
the video and animations in real time and thus alter or affect the image
movement by herself-himself, if we were to use film language)?  such
compositional action has surely been claimed (and i havn't really jumped up
that much) for performers working in an interactive scenario affecting the
sonic environment, playing the sound samples and sound parameters (pitch,
timbre, frequency, position, etc) like an singrument in a programmed or
generative environment; the same has also surely been claimed by performers
working in telepresence and networked environments, and by those who've danced
in SL, for example, no?

with regards
johannes birringer