[dance-tech] decolonisation and the post self - my notes - Not the old boring world of phallocentric oppositions,

To Johannes, Matt, J'aime, Marlon, Julie, Nathaniel...and entire list...

Going through my notes:

post self (my definition)....post body... post colonised self -  an-other body,
not encased in a physical structure or shape but in an electronic field,
another structure, determined by causal responses

Nietzsche said, "...there is no 'being' behind doing, effecting,
 becoming; 'the doer' is merely a fiction added to the deed -- the
 deed is everything".[post colonised body] post body of departments in centres
of higher learning

Julia Kristeva perceived the subject as merely the hypothetical
 inside of an imagined container whose walls are permeable, more of a
 process than a structure - [-] There is an undermining of the
 Enlightenment idea that bodies possess a free and autonomous
 individuality. Deleuze and Guattari see the self as consisting of
 infinite and random impulses and flows, "lines of flight and machinic
 assemblages".

sterlarc
What is  important is not what happens within us, but rather what happens
 between us in the medium of language in which we communicate, in the
 social institutions within which we operate (hopefully post colonial) and in
the culture within
 which we've been conditioned -- at this point in our history and so
 on, depending on our frame of reference. To talk of agency is to
 refer to an intentional act defined within a very small frame of
 reference.
&
 antonain artaud
Man is sick because he is badly constructed [...]
When you will have made him a body without organs
then you will have delivered him from all his automatic reactions
and restored him to his true and immortal freedom...

The novel is a work of art not so much because of its inevitable resemblance
with life but because of the insuperable differences that distinguish it from
life.- Stevenson

And so is thought!

Thought is not so much prized for its inevitable convergences with truth as it
is for the insuperable divergences that separate the two. Baudrillaud

William Forsythe
"The history of art exemplifies a complex set of negotiations between body and
space - negotiations between the actual domain of the viewer's real body and
the real space he inhabits, and the virtual domain of the represented body and
represented space. The contemporary body in space is no longer the classical
model. Ours is a vertiginous location - suspended upside-down (Georg Baselitz),
launched into space (Yves Klein), declared as obsolete (Stelarc) and now
apparently superhumanly re-embodied in Cyberspace

Connective synthesis  -(post self)  deleuse and guattari

"Starting with modernity, we have entered an era of production of the Other. It
is no longer a question of killing, of devouring or seducing the Other, of
facing him, of competing with him, of loving or hating the Other. It is first
of all a matter of producing the Other. The Other is no longer an object of
passion but an object of production. Maybe it is because the Other, in his
radical otherness [alterite], or in his irreducible singularity, has become
dangerous or unbearable. And so, we have to conjure up his seduction"  Jean
Baudrillard

Deleuze and Guattari : "the colonization of subjectivity by despotic capitalism
& the rhizomatic perspective" [also Sadie Plant] - but on the inside: a
signatured body written where semiology acquires corporeality, (a colonised
concept) where the sign finally breathes, taking possession of the bodily
organs it thought it was only denoting from afar. And it is to recognize as
well the deep affinity between feminism and the rhizomatic perspective of
Deleuze and Guattari. In favor a world of "multiplicities," of a dancing
materiality of lines of flight and departure; of a world reenchanted by the
language of desire? Not the old boring world of phallocentric oppositions,

jeannette

Jeannette Ginslov
Director
Walking Gusto Productions
multimedia dance theatre
 www.wgp.co.za
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Ginslov;Jeannette
FN:Jeannette Ginslov
ORG:Walking Gusto Productions multimedia dance theatre;Artistic Director
TITLE:Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+27 (0)83 522 5145
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+27 (0)11 482 9485
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+27 (0)83 522 5145
TEL;WORK;FAX:+27 (0)11 482 9485
TEL;HOME;FAX:+27 (0)11 482 9485
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;135 Fourth
Avenue=0D=0AMelville;Johannesburg;Gauteng;2092;South Africa
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:135 Fourth
Avenue=0D=0AMelville=0D=0AJohannesburg, Gauteng 2092=0D=0ASouth A=
frica
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;135 Fourth
Ave=0D=0AMelville;Johannesburg;Gauteng;2092;South Africa
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:135 Fourth
Ave=0D=0AMelville=0D=0AJohannesburg, Gauteng 2092=0D=0ASouth Afri=
ca
URL;HOME:http://www.wgp.co.za
URL;WORK:http://www.wgp.co.za
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:ginslov@xxxxxxxxx